Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch export of emails from outlook

Options
  • 07-09-2017 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to batch export of emails from outlook? I have a couple hundred emails nicely organised in outlook folders and I need to save them in order to be able to share the info with a co-worker. How can I do it? Export to pdf/html or even txt is fiine, but I don't see _any_ batch export option.

Edit: Any VBA scripts to do that would be very welcome as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Your problem is you are looking for the word BATCH, all you need to do is to EXPORT to a PST file then share the PST so your co-worker can open it from within Outlook.

File>Open&Export>Export to a File>Outlook Data File (.pst) Edit> for outlook 2016 but all versions have the option to export to a PST file which can then be opened as is by your co worker or imported to their own Outlook file.

You might need to move you folders around a bit so they are all below a common folder you chose to export.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Is it Outlook 2010 by any chance?
    Being Microsoft, there's a clear, well-labelled way of doing it.

File menu > Open > Import > and then when the wizard pops up, choose 'Export to a file'
    There's various file options after that, think I've found .pst reasonably handy before

They fixed the labelling in later versions to make it more obvious that Export is located under Import. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

OK, but that would give him all my emails and contacts? I want to share only part of my email box. It's outlook 2013.

P.S. I'm working on a script that will export selected folder to local drive.

Edit: Looks like I can export a folder! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Yeah, sorry, once you've chosen file type you get options to select what folders you want. Should have mentioned that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

PrzemoF wrote: »
    OK, but that would give him all my emails and contacts? I want to share only part of my email box. It's outlook 2013.

P.S. I'm working on a script that will export selected folder to local drive.

Edit: Looks like I can export a folder! Thanks!

If you make a folder and put all the folders you want to export in that folder (you said you had them in folders) then you highlight the new top level folder then go and do the export.

Your coworker can use the Open feature from the file menu to open the pst file you created.

• Advertisement
Advertisement