Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeletal remains found in house in Dundalk.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Title reads "'Too early to speculate' if skeletal remains linked to teen missing for 20 years"

OP goes right ahead and speculates! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm guessing by the fact that her name has been brought up, that there's more information to this.

There are many reasons why remains may be found anywhere, so to automatically assume they are Ciara's means that the Gardai are aware of some link between Ciara and that house - maybe someone she knew lived there at the time or something.

That said, the media can be a bit trigger happy on this stuff. I remember when a skull was found in a garden in South Dublin, there was a bit of excitement that it belonged to the "Scissor Sisters"'s victim. Turned out that it actually dated to the late 1800s.

So in this case I would withhold any hope/speculation until there's more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

And there again, Dundalk is right in the heart of "missing" country.

A fair number of persons with a chequered past have lived in Dundalk.

So the remains could be any of a long list, some of them both "missing" AND "Wanted"

But the TD is right who says it will bring closure to a family, whoever it it is.

Whatever the history of the deceased may have been, they can have a funeral and a decent goodbye with a bit of dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Title reads "'Too early to speculate' if skeletal remains linked to teen missing for 20 years"

OP goes right ahead and speculates! :pac:

All radio bulletins are going with the Ciara Breen angle so I wouldn't blame the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Day Lewin wrote: »
    A fair number of persons with a chequered past have lived in Dundalk.

Let's leave Jim Corr out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Confirmed not her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, supposed to remains the national museum have more interest in than the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Remains are historical and not Ciara Breen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Lots of people have skeletons in their closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's amazing there aren't more skeletons unearthed IMO. The amount of people who have lived here over the ages. The country must be littered with corpses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

It's amazing there aren't more skeletons unearthed IMO. The amount of people who have lived here over the ages. The country must be littered with corpses.

There are a quite a few unearthed , I worked in construction for years working on a quite a few sites particularly city centre ones where remains were discovered , each time the project called the muesems who came out , had quick look and said where they were.

Two that spring to mind were in the old Mercers hospital which was a pit full of remains dating from some outbreak of illness and the other in around Baggot street which has an old cemetry in the area.

Each time the museum people said they were historical but of no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'm surprised they found anything in Dundalk, them feckers would eat anything

21/25

Advertisement