Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirTV not working with F2000 in Bridge Mode

Options
  • 07-09-2017 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I would like to use my Asus RT-N66U as the router, wireless, DHCP server on my LAN. I put the F2000 in bridge mode and everything but EirTV works as expected. EirTV has a working channel guide, renting movies works but just watching a channel does not. Black screen, no sound.

If I reset everything, putting the F2000 in IP mode and use it as the modem/router/dhcp server combo, EirTV works fine.

The Asus is running Tomato firmware and the features I want most are the extended DHCP reservation list (I need/want about 25 reservations, the F2000 supports far fewer than that) and ability to access restrict certain devices.

I put in the extra info because if there's a way to get the things I want, I'm not locked in to the current setup. Whatever works will be fine, including purchasing new hardware.

It would be also interesting (just out of curiosity) to know why the EirTV service isn't working in this setup.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheAvenueToff

I managed to get this resolved. Posting the solution for anyone else that runs into the same issue.

On the Asus router, under Advanced->Firewall->Multicast settings, check the boxes "IGMProxy" and "LAN".

The TV started working immediately for me. I found this solution at the Eir community forums. I can't post a link because I'm a new user but if you search for "eFibre bridge mode Eircom TV", you should find it.

Hope this helps someone, I struggled with it for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You arent the only one and a user on here just commented the same thing.

I think it may be worth a post of its own.

Thanks Ed E, I'm glad it helped some people.

I'm seeing some weirdness with my setup now. When I turn the TV on it almost instantly kills the WiFi for the router that connects the TV to the LAN. The TV still works. Wired connections still work. WiFi connections to the main Asus router (DHCP server) still work. WiFi connections to the second router (Linksys E3000 running tomato firmware, configured as an AP) drop immediately and cannot reconnect while the TV is on. Should I make a separate post about this or is this situation something obvious? It seems like it might make sense to discuss it here, in case it's a problem with my suggested solution above.

Okay, this thread is basically me asking questions and then figuring stuff out but I think it doesn't hurt to record the answers.

I found this link which includes the suggestion:
    As it turns out the solution on tomato is even easier. You go to Advanced->Wireless and you see Multicast Rate set to Auto. If you change it to 9Mbps for example, now your wireless works even with IPTV on! I have no idea what it does!

Now that's not all. I have found out an even simpler solution on tomato. In the same page without touching Multicast Rate (set to Auto), you go to Wireless Multicast Forwarding. It is Disabled, you enable it and your wireless starts to work.

The second suggestion worked for me.

Advertisement