Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v West Indies ODI Wednesday Sept 13th (on Freesports)

Options
  • 06-09-2017 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for this - no real details yet but new FTA sport channel Freesports (Sky, FTA, Freesat and Freesat from Sept 12th) are showing this live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just a heads up for this - no real details yet but new FTA sport channel Freesports (Sky, FTA, Freesat and Freesat from Sept 12th) are showing this live.

Assuming from your post this channel isn't available on Virgin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Inquitus wrote: »

Not as far as I know. Might be worth using the Talk To forum to inquire.

I've just done it myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Inquitus wrote: »

Virgin UK got taken off of all their launch advertising so don't think it's looking hopeful.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Washout today.

Very critical article on Cricinfo focussing on the lack of covers on the outfield overnight. Is this harsh? Would it have been practical to draft in the necessary equipment?

Although heavy showers abated about 3am, the outfield was still unfit to use, after being left exposed the previous evening, when only the square and a small surrounding area were protected from the rain.

Covering the whole outfield would have been expensive, and labour-intensive. But in the absence of a high-tech drainage system, Cricket Ireland should have bought, begged or stolen whatever they needed - covers, and temporary groundstaff to use them - to give the match the best possible chance of going ahead.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20691604/washout-belfast-was-costly-farce-unbecoming-test-nation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I suppose it's things like this which reflect on the nature of the game in Ireland - very low budget - wanting to succeed but not having the where-with-all to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement