Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics or geography for LC :)

Options
  • 05-09-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Currently, I am planning on changing from chemistry to either economics or geography. Just starting 5th year. We did tasters if all the subjects in 4th year, and they described chemistry as a fun subject with not much work, which I now know is a lie after reading the books etc.

I'm debating changing to economics or geography, but unsure which would be the best! I am also doing biology and business. I got a B in the JC geography, and I like current affairs and stuff. It really comes down to which is 'easier' (nothings easy in the LC really) I'd be doing them in higher level form!

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From speaking to Chemistry teachers, I think it is very much reliant on a couple of 'Aha!' moments where the students (finally and sometimes suddenly) 'get' what it is about.

You're already doing a couple of fairly long essay type answer subjects and Geography would be more of the same, but perhaps you like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Ah yeah, I heard that too! I didn't think it would be so formula related, which is what has turned me off :)

And yeah, seems like I'm doing a lot of theory but my school doesn't offer much other then the 3 sciences, geography, music, art, history, business and economics, making it hard to not have not fully theory

Advertisement