Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G with Three for basic browsing - tolerable?

Options
  • 05-09-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks, I am travelling with my cellular iPad to Dublin from the UK. I am with EE which uses Three as a roaming partner in Ireland, but you only get 3G with that. I still have some credit on that EE SIM card I'd prefer to use up.
    I haven't heard too many good things about Three's 3G, but will it be enough for basic browsing on-the-go and sat-nav'ing my way around South Dublin County? Or is the difference worth dropping EUR20 on a Meteor 4G SIM card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

It will be fine for what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Hi folks, I am travelling with my cellular iPad to Dublin from the UK. I am with EE which uses Three as a roaming partner in Ireland, but you only get 3G with that. I still have some credit on that EE SIM card I'd prefer to use up.
    I haven't heard too many good things about Three's 3G, but will it be enough for basic browsing on-the-go and sat-nav'ing my way around South Dublin County? Or is the difference worth dropping EUR20 on a Meteor 4G SIM card?

I don't know where you are getting that info from but I have an EE payg sim, it connects to both 3 and Meteor but not Vodafone. Also it does work on 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 damnfinecoffee

That information comes from the "using your phone abroad" section on the EE website which confirms the unavailability of 4G.
    That said I saw an EE community post where someone else said they were able to manually select Meteor and use the 4G service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 damnfinecoffee

I can confirm what Vic_08 said, I'm in Dublin flying on eir and 4G and the coverage is excellent.

Advertisement