Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for Bike Rally

Options
  • 05-09-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello All,

I am new to this forum , so please go handy..

I have taken over a large rural public house that has a stage and lounge and would be a good venue for a Bike Rally and has been used as such in the past , probably 15-20 years ago by the second last owner. It is based in South Tipperary near The Glen of Aherlow.

I would also have good facilities for camping adjacent to the pub.

What i am wondering is , how best to contact clubs or individuals that might be interested in holding a rally there?

Is there a magazine or website that most bikers use and might be a good place to advertise?

Your opinions / comments would be welcome.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I'd say it definitely has good potential. Scenic area, good biking roads, some off-road potential too.
    Also potential for a biker meeting venue but be aware this might not be very appealling to other customers.

There are so many advertising possiblities - online and in mags.
    Most motorcycle brands will have a number of owners' club with associated website and maybe a printed journal(less common these days I expect.)

Check with the website moderator about terms for commercial adverts. Even if there's no charge some websites may take a dim view of a new member posting adverts.
    Some owners' mags will print an advert for free.

Popular motorbike mags in the UK and here include RIDE, Bike , MotorCycle News (MCN). Easy to check the advertising rates on line.
    Visiting continental bikers would be interested too. Show them they can avoid the tedious main-road Rosslare-Cork and enjoy the Vee and Mahon Falls en-route instead. Then show them how to get to the Wild A Way.

Before you jump in a scattering of free adverts I'd say give some thought to your "customer package". What can you offer exactly. GPS routes, guided tours, covered parking, shower block, camp-fire pits, local attractions - distillery visits, Cashel, Cahir ...
    Take a look at biker campsites in France and UK they should give you a few ideas.

You can target different segments too. - the cruisers, the "adventure" riders ... The PadddyDakar event springs to mind - not far from you.
    It could be a good destination as a lunch-stop for day-trip ride-outs too. Maybe within reach of Dublin-based bikers (who must be bored with Wicklow!)
    Some motorbike tour companies might be interested too but their customers are probably not the camping fraternity.

When are you opening? - I'll be along next weekend.
    Best of luck with the new venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Chevy RV wrote: »
    It is based in South Tipperary near The Glen of Aherlow.

Lady Gregory rides again?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Thanks two wheels good for a very detailed reply. I will certainly follow up on some of the points you raised.

Poor Uncle Tom - you know what they say about assumptions ...." the mother of all fcukups":P

No , were talking about The Shamrock Lounge here which has played host to some large Bike Rallies in the past and will hopefully ride again in the future...:P

Regards,

Chevy RV

Somewhere in the long distant hazy past I seem to remember pouring out of Black Tom's and finding my way to the Shamrock for what turned out to be a great rally, I don't remember who hosted it though.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Well Poor Uncle Tom......this may be your road to redemption:P

Maybe you turn back time ....
    Maybe Black Tom's ( the istitution) will re-open ...
    Maybe Bikers will ride to Kilross once again...

I am trying to contact like minded people who may be interested in having a rally in Kilross again...

• Advertisement

Do it and they will come!

Advertisement