Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question of faith

Options
  • 05-09-2017 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

A question of faith

St Michans is, as far as I am aware, an Anglican Church and has been since the 15th C. As said above, I have records for Baptisms & Marriages in both Churches, St Michans and St Pauls. Would this have been unusual to flit back & forth between churches of differing faiths?

Also St Pauls was built after 1835 so where are my records from earlier St Pauls coming from? Was there a previous Church there?

J

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Perhaps you already know this but there are two St. Michan's in Dublin - one in Church Street (COI) in and one in Halston Street (RC).

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nikonuser

Hermy,
    Many thank for that, I didn't know about the RC St Michan's. How my gang, (Dodd's) were being married & christened in what to me seemed 2 separate faiths now makes sense. this, despite that I had been searching (successfully) on the National Library Catholic Parishes website.
    Thanks again.
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

nikonuser wrote: »
    A question of faith

St Michans is, as far as I am aware, an Anglican Church and has been since the 15th C. As said above, I have records for Baptisms & Marriages in both Churches, St Michans and St Pauls. Would this have been unusual to flit back & forth between churches of differing faiths?

Also St Pauls was built after 1835 so where are my records from earlier St Pauls coming from? Was there a previous Church there? J

Saint Paul's Church of Ireland is on North King Street. No longer serving as a church, it contains enterprise units. Some years ago,a man in the food delivery business was murdered there.

Saint Paul's RC is on Arran Quay.

Advertisement