Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scene grossed you out the most? Possible Spoilers!!

Options
  • 04-09-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭

For me it was were Oberyn got his skull smashed in at the literal hands of The Mountain. I've seen stabbings, beheadings and throats being slit in other shows but scenes like that make me do that flinch every time. So what's your scene that grossed you out the most?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, Oberyn's head pop.

I was in shock after it. Even rewatching the series I look away at the shot over him and The Mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yep, Oberyn's head pop.

I was in shock after it. Even rewatching the series I look away at the shot over him and The Mountain.

I wouldn't even rewatch it it traumatised me so much!! I'd watch Ned being beheaded or throats being slit time and time again over that. Between Oberyn having his eyes gouged out prior to his head being smashed in like that it made me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Robyn Aryn getting breastfed while approaching his teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Stabbing a pregnant woman in the pregnant.

My wife was expecting at the time, and at that was the last episode she ever watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The montage of Sams time in Oldtown Citadel
    Honourable mention must go to Jorah Mormonts Greyscale treatment and that clever scene change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For me also it has to be the Mountain and the Viper - Oberyn's screams as he has his eyes gouged out are beyond haunting. I'll never forget it when I first watched it, I had to rewatch it about 5 times before it truly began to sink in what had happened and what it would mean for pivotal characters in the show.

Just thinking of that scene makes me realise how far the show has fallen - there's no great sense of scale, peril or sheer uncertainty in the show anymore, it's turned into a by the numbers formulaic hollywood production.

Follow up prize goes to The Red Wedding scene - gruesome and the fact that it was so devastatingly upsetting to the narrative and entirely unexpected that made it have such a massive impact.

There was something in the way that it showed Jaime having his hand butchered like a worthless piece of meat that was also hauntingly effective, whilst not that gory or violent by show standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think Oberyn's death was the most gruesome thing they showed. Sansas treatment by Ramsey was all off-screen but I suspect that may well have been as tough to watch had they shown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How is the only answer to this question not the burning of Shireen?

There's lots of parents treating their children badly in GOT but you can understand why in a lot of the cases or at least see their reasoning. Randyll Tarly hates Sam because he's a big bumbling oaf and won't be a great warrior like he was, Tywin hates Tyrion because he's the imp and also the fact his wife died giving birth can't have helped relations with them.

But burning your daughter.............

Ramsey feeding his step mother and infant brother to the dogs. Off screen or no, that was the one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

The Red Wedding for me.

As a non book reader It really shook me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How is the only answer to this question not the burning of Shireen?

There's lots of parents treating their children badly in GOT but you can understand why in a lot of the cases or at least see their reasoning. Randyll Tarly hates Sam because he's a big bumbling oaf and won't be a great warrior like he was, Tywin hates Tyrion because he's the imp and also the fact his wife died giving birth can't have helped relations with them.

But burning your daughter.............
    I think I'd actually repressed the memory of that scene. Having an 8 year old daughter myself, that scene came as close to traumatising me as it's possible for entertainment to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Sleepy wrote: »
    I think I'd actually repressed the memory of that scene. Having an 8 year old daughter myself, that scene came as close to traumatising me as it's possible for entertainment to do.

The main reason I remember the scene is because I watched it with my own father who wasn't horrified by the scene whatsoever, "sometimes you do what you have to do"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It wasn't gross but one scene that really distressed me was when Cersei had Ellaria and Tyene chained to the wall and kissed Tyene on the lips with poison. To be fair, they deserved it but it was still upsetting. The actress who plays Ellaria was incredible in this scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jaime and Cersei having sex whilst Joffrey led dead on the slab.

A weird and disturbing scene.

Outside that it has to be the red wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The skull crushing, daughter burning, wedding stabbings etc. were no problem. However, Ramsey Bolton's torture of Theon Greyjoy was hard going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

There was a scene in one of the mid seasons (Can't remember the episode) where someone had a bucket strapped to his chest with rats inside. Then they put flames to the other end so the only way the rats could escape was be clawing through yer man's chest.

Oberon's head crush was bad too and, yeah, Robyn's breastfeeding. Shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

There was a scene in one of the mid seasons (Can't remember the episode) where someone had a bucket strapped to his chest with rats inside. Then they put flames to the other end so the only way the rats could escape was be clawing through yer man's chest.
    It was when Arya and Gendry were taken prisoner to Harrenhal. Tywin saved Gendry from the same fate. The Tickler was the first person Arya got Jacen to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm guessing I was the only one who was aroused by the Mountain crushing Oberyns skull

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It was when Arya and Gendry were taken prisoner to Harrenhal. Tywin saved Gendry from the same fate. The Tickler was the first person Arya got Jacen to kill.

Yeah, that was it exactly. Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement