Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary or secondary school teaching ?

Options
  • 04-09-2017 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I'm trying to make up my mind about career/study choice. I'm currently in 6th year. I am finding it very hard to decide. I've narrowed it down to teaching and trying to decide between primary school teaching or secondary school teaching with top subjects music, geography and German and picking two then to qualify in. I've read on boards.ie that these three subjects are not great combinations for secondary school teaching to get jobs in? Also.... What is the salary difference starting off in both teaching jobs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

People may say that music isn't the best subject to teach for secondary school because most of the time secondary schools only have one or two music teachers, whilst they may have 8-12 different maths teachers. Personally, I'd got with primary teaching - shorter days, easier lessons, kids would be easier to discipline that secondary school, less corrections etc.

Advertisement