Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike shed insurance

Options
  • 04-09-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm trying to insure 2 motor bikes that are stored in my shed against fire and theft only.
    One is a declared off road sports bike and the other is a non road legal dirt bike.
    I've tried liberty , Carole Nash etc who won't cover and I've tried a couple of the big home insurers without any success.
    Anybody know of someone that might be able to offer cover

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

You might do better on some sort of home/content insurance and just declare the bikes as part of that, and their value, etc.

Give a regular insurance broker a ring and I'm sure they'll give you an idea of your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Drewhiggins

KonFusion wrote: »
    You might do better on some sort of home/content insurance and just declare the bikes as part of that, and their value, etc.

Give a regular insurance broker a ring and I'm sure they'll give you an idea of your options.

Yeah that's what I thought but it doesn't seem that easy.
    My house is insured with Zurich they won't cover them.
    My son lives at home and insures a car and bike with liberty they won't cover them... even if I renew my house insurance with them.
    I've tried the obvious ones and googled it to death .... no luck.
    Thanks anyway I'll keep looking

Advertisement