Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get A2 license being 5'1?

Options
  • 03-09-2017 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I'm based in Sandyford and tried BIT in Carrickmines. OK spot but they only have a Bandit for me and it's way too big.
    I've done modules 1 and 3 and now it's time for real training. If I can find a place that has A2 bike for someone who is mere 1.55m tall.
    Has anyone done this in South Dublin? If so who could you recommend?
    I really don't want to do A1 and wait 2 years to uograde...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

5'1 - no problem ..... see :

a2Oyzax.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

gctest50 wrote: »
    5'1 - no problem ..... see :

a2Oyzax.gifv

Nice one :cool:

Still, I do need a school that will provide me with a tiny yet powerful motor. Surely not everyone is 6'2" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Try ridercoach.ie

Not quite South Dublin or even Dublin but alright :rolleyes:

I have found O'Reilly School of Motoring just this morning that seems to be well respected, is within South Dublin and has the bike needed. Might just go with him, only 15-20min drive from Sandyford after all...

If anyone can recommend someone else - I'm all ears. Only South Dublin please due to transport limitations... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Not quite South Dublin or even Dublin but alright :rolleyes:

I have found O'Reilly School of Motoring just this morning that seems to be well respected, is within South Dublin and has the bike needed. Might just go with him, only 15-20min drive from Sandyford after all...

If anyone can recommend someone else - I'm all ears. Only South Dublin please due to transport limitations... :o

Lol sorry forgot to type the rest of the comment.:P

I was going to say if your stuck I know he modified a 125 for someone who was too short so hes very helpful

• Advertisement

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Lol sorry forgot to type the rest of the comment.:P

I was going to say if your stuck I know he modified a 125 for someone who was too short so hes very helpful

Thanks, sounds like just the guy I need :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What about some type of platform boots? Not trying to be funny - It might allow you to chose from a bigger range of bikes.

GBX wrote: »
    What about some type of platform boots? Not trying to be funny - It might allow you to chose from a bigger range of bikes.

Well spotted. That's also being considered. This plus seat height and suspension adjustments might just make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

GBX wrote: »

Just don't go full Short Round! :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Just don't go full Short Round! :)

You never go full short! Always 50% short :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement