Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selfish thoughts you have about World War III

Options
  • 03-09-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

I quite like movies and I'm hoping that Hollywood emerges unscathed from Kim Jong Un's latest product - a new tried-and-tested hydrogen bomb which Tom Cruise and Daniel Craig can't do much about.

I don't care about normal people really - your mechanics, doctors and bakers - but leave the actors, directors, writers alone so they can go on taking us away from our ****ty existence, if only for 97 minutes at a time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

This is a gas thread altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fair enough. Whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

There, there, it's not the end of the world, there's always next year, we can only have one winner......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My shellfish thoughts about WW3 are that I hope both cockles and mussels go extinct.

Fcuk you Dublin!

Up Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Selfish as it is with Tom out of the way maybe we can finally get the jack reacher we should have got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

My selfish thought is..... That I'll be the only male survivor in a world now ruled by Amazon type women and it will be upon my shoulders to rise to the challenge and repopulate the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

At least if Hollywood does snuff a lid, the big actors - the important ones - might actually turn for the IFTAs when they're nominated for Best International Star, if they haven't been vapourised of course.

"And the award for Best International Star goes to Leonardo Di Caprio. Leo couldn't be here tonight, and he's somewhere with no Wifi so no Skype message, but here's Dano from Love/Hate, who famously shared three scenes with the man himself, to collect an award on behalf of his good friend who he hasn't seen or spoken to since 1997."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Will they still make that shampoo I like?

Will they still make that shampoo I like?

Well hello Clarins.

See, without movies it would've been impossible to make an absolutely sh*t great reference such as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Ah here hammer, you mean:

Well hello Clarice....phe phe phe phe phe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ah here hammer, you mean:

Well hello Clarice....phe phe phe phe phe

I always wondered how to spell that.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Better still make morphe pallets

Archeron wrote: »
    I always wondered how to spell that.

It was a noble effort from Mr Phucs Ache but I'm not sure he nailed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

My shellfish thoughts about WW3 are that I hope both cockles and mussels go extinct.

Fcuk you Dublin!

Up Mayo!

There there pumpkin.

Enjoy living in laois and Roscommon after the fifth all Ireland in 7 years.

Mayo can go back to mayo and enjoy their curse for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Could do with more precision Bombing videos got bored of drone strikes lately ,
    Give me more Hollywood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭dasdog

After every one of these tests there is a market rush to safe havens e.g., Gold, Yen, Swiss Franc. Then there is a retreat as tensions ease. Lots of money is being made and lost on these NK events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Hopefully, better Call of Duty games.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maybe a lot of bad people will die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

People will pay through the roof for turf and tomatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

dasdog wrote: »
    After every one of these tests there is a market rush to safe havens e.g., Gold, Yen, Swiss Franc. Then there is a retreat as tensions ease. Lots of money is being made and lost on these NK events.

Reminds me - must see what those Supermacs shares I got on Friday are going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Considering the world is vastly overpopulated, would a WW3 that kills maybe a billion or so people actually be that bad a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Quazzie wrote: »
    Considering the world is vastly overpopulated, would a WW3 that kills maybe a billion or so people actually be that bad a thing?

If you were one of those people, ...probably would alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Quazzie wrote: »

As long as it's them lot over there and not here.

Advertisement