Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.E.S.S fees for this year

Options
  • 03-09-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just inquiring about the fees for the above course for TCD

3K for administration fees...? and 2k8 for tuition fees, I was under the impression that it was only 3K.
    Is this total of 5k8 going to be the case for each year??

Thanks

Rich

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

Hi Folks,
    Just inquiring about the fees for the above course for TCD

3K for administration fees...? and 2k8 for tuition fees, I was under the impression that it was only 3K.
    Is this total of 5k8 going to be the case for each year??

Thanks

Rich

If this is your or your son/daughters first time going to college and you're an Irish/EU citizen you'll qualify for free fees, which will cover the tuition fees. So it'll be 3000 for the admin fees but the tuition fees will be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Ok, Great, its my sons first year ok.

Well, why does it come up in the registration then as if I',m non Eu or non Irish then. ?
    Seems to be no mention , or maybe I didn't read it properly...

user53 wrote: »
    If this is your or your son/daughters first time going to college and you're an Irish/EU citizen you'll qualify for free fees, which will cover the tuition fees. So it'll be 3000 for the admin fees but the tuition fees will be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

Ok, Great, its my sons first year ok.

Well, why does it come up in the registration then as if I',m non Eu or non Irish then. ?
    Seems to be no mention , or maybe I didn't read it properly...

I am only going of memory of paying myself last year, so I can't remember exactly what the screen said. I'd recommend ringing TCD Academic Registry or you can submit a query through TCD portal to them, if you've got access to that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gaelicmam

You have to answer a few questions in the payment screen.
    Depending on the answers the fees will be reset to the €3000 within 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

Also, the 3k is the "Student Contribution" and is what it says on the tin, not an admin charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement