Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa B constant oil sensor replacement

Options
  • 03-09-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, I hope someone might have an answer or a guess as to why my oil pressure sensor is going on me. I am on my fourth one this year so far, would be more times if I changed them immediately after the light comes on. It takes about three to five days with a new one before the light comes on. Plenty of oil. I have used the same brand from the same shop, the man there says they are always a problem. Hmmm Anyone?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Paddypowered

Genuine or aftermarket?? Sometimes a genuine sensor is the only way to go......arent too dear if I recall....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Those sensors are problematic in those Corsas but 4 in less than 12 months isn't right.

Is the block connector on the cars wiring harness damaged? It must be a wiring fault or a fitting error to go through that many.

I'd agree with the above that a genuine sensor is probably better but you'd think one of the four spurious ones would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pagan1

It's worth a try to find a genuine part and see from there, I'm sure its generic. Cost 9 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pagan1

I will have to check the wiring harness, I was asking my mechanic about the wire harness, but he said that wouldn't cause the leaking that occurs eventually.

Advertisement