Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are multiple years of back motor tax due?

Options
  • 03-09-2017 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

Noob question , apologies in advance.

I own a Honda Varadero 125cc. Have my full A licence and I used my bike for a few years, taxed and insured of course

For various different reasons the bike has been off the road since 2011. It sits in my parents garage down the country.

I just let the tax lapse. I'm reading online that I was supposed to declare it off the road. Maybe I had my head in the sand, I just did nothing

I know, I know there may be chancers who don't tax and claim it was off the road to wipe a backlog but I'm genuine, honest! The bike hasn't left my parents garage.

I lost my no claims bonus from AON after two years, so be it, I'll start again. Will Minister Donahue be insisting on tax from 2012 -2017 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Noob question , apologies in advance.

I own a Honda Varadero 125cc. Have my full A licence and I used my bike for a few years, taxed and insured of course

For various different reasons the bike has been off the road since 2011. It sits in my parents garage down the country.

I just let the tax lapse. I'm reading online that I was supposed to declare it off the road. Maybe I had my head in the sand, I just did nothing

I know, I know there may be chancers who don't tax and claim it was off the road to wipe a backlog but I'm genuine, honest! The bike hasn't left my parents garage.

I lost my no claims bonus from AON after two years, so be it, I'll start again. Will Minister Donahue be insisting on tax from 2012 -2017 ?

Would it not be the same as the loophole with car tax? Put in someone else's name and tax it from the date of transfer of ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Would it not be the same as the loophole with car tax? Put in someone else's name and tax it from the date of transfer of ownership.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:........the thoughts of some people on here...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Do they have tax down in the schticks loike boyo!!!!

Advertisement