Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of attic conversion stairs

Options
  • 02-09-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just recently bought a house and I was doing some research but couldn't find a number. We are living in an ex council house that has an attic conversion. The previous owner was a DIY enthusiast, he just was really bad at it. He built in a staircase to the attic that's somewhere between inconvenient and lethal and we need to change that.
    How much would a proper staircase up there cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

LirW wrote: »
    Hi,

I just recently bought a house and I was doing some research but couldn't find a number. We are living in an ex council house that has an attic conversion. The previous owner was a DIY enthusiast, he just was really bad at it. He built in a staircase to the attic that's somewhere between inconvenient and lethal and we need to change that.
    How much would a proper staircase up there cost?

Assuming one can fit properly, then to remove, and replace with a standard re deal case, probably about €1500.

It could be less, I've done it for less very recently, but I had the existing staircase removed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Thanks, that helps a lot to get an idea. Will definitely shop around then.

Advertisement