Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues Brothers or Stripes

Options
  • 02-09-2017 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

In their wisdom RTE have scheduled two classic 80's comedies at the same time namely the blues Brothers and stripes. This leads to a bit of a dilemma of witch one to watch.

Which? 24 votes

Blues Brothers
    0% 0 votes
    Stripes
    100% 24 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Stripes as blues brothers is always on, and can be watched when next broadcast. Stripes is rarely shown

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Both are very funny, but for me The Blues Brothers wins every time because of the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

In their wisdom RTE have scheduled two classic 80's comedies at the same time namely the blues Brothers and stripes. This leads to a bit of a dilemma of witch one to watch.

Watch whichever one you most want to see.

However, if this is a roundabout way of asking which movie people think is better, then Blues Brothers, hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

When

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Caddyshack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Caddyshack

Stripes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'd go with Stripes because Bill Murray and John Candy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Patser

Gotta be the Blues Brothers - the 2nd half of Stripes in the van is awful, whereas Blues Brothers finishes in the best chase scene ever.

Blues Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Who ya gonna call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Never heard of Stripes.

A googling I shall go. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Cadence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Taps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Meatballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Who gives a tail feather..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Still showing Electric Picnic on 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

always the blues brothers, even if it's just for the nazis driving off the unfinished overpass and falling for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Blues brothers an infinite superior comedy

Plus it has one of the best soundtracks of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Back in the early 80's I would have said Stripes. But to be honest it hasn't aged well and Bill Murray isn't nearly as funny as he's made out to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

always the blues brothers, even if it's just for the nazis driving off the unfinished overpass and falling for ages.

We're the good old boys....

Superb movie and just a dynamite soundtrack..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Blues brothers is definitely the better movie, but Stripes has a particular appeal of its own. Which one have you seen last? Choose the other.

FWIW, Stripes has as many quotable/memorable scenes as Blues Brothers. However, I will say that if you are in the military, Stripes is far more amusing than if you are not. In my case, not only did I do Basic in "Fort Arnold", and run the same obstacle course, but we even see occasion EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicles on the street, so there are plenty of reminders day to day.

Army training, Sir!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

theteal wrote: »
    Never heard of Stripes.

A googling I shall go. . . .

Well worth the watch. Also worth the Elmer Bernstein soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Belushi was a player, lived the party life and died by the party life. Went out by a speedball which he took whilst heavily inebriated.

What a guy. What a legacy.

Went out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Have never seen either. Working and don't gave the so not going to happen tonight.
    Love John candy though. Always good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No problem

just use your Saorview connect box to record both.

oh wait...

Advertisement