Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human Resources Online Degree

Options
  • 02-09-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone,

I am currently studying a degree in Human Resource Management and Psychology online. I am really really eager to gain experience in a Human Resource Department. I have looked on gradireland and had a look at Ireland's top companies that hire undergraduates and graduates. Heres the problem, I am twenty four years old with 7-8 years experience in retail, sales and a little but of administration (along with the usual bar work and waitressing.. irrelevant!) Most companies are either hiring temporary on work experience (granted by your university) or full time professionals on having completed their degree. I want to work full time while studying and learning in a Human Resource Department, I understand some companies do undergraduate programs where you can work full time, I have only found one and have no luck with their response so far. I live in the south of Ireland but I am willing to move anywhere really! I have a temporary contract in online sales and admin until february, so I would be happy to start then, (or sooner if needs be).

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a million and sorry the post is so long!

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Look for HR admin jobs, this will get you great exposure to the day tho day workings of a HR department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cait93

Thanks for your advice! I have been looking for work as a HR Admin also, but most places (from what I've seen so far) won't hire without solid experience, which is fair enough. Which is why I thought I might get something related to a graduate or undergraduate programme! I will keep looking for HR admin though, I guess it doesn't help that I'm living in a fairly small town at the moment! :)

Thank you!

Advertisement