Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Irish or french for LC?

Options
  • 02-09-2017 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Ok so I started 5th year and I don't like french and Irish already. The classes are boring and both teachers don't speak any English in the class at all especially Irish. So anyways I do 8 subjects applied maths as an extra for now anyways but even if it doesn't work out I'm dripping one of Irish or french.
    So which should I drop to ordinary level which is harder ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Stop being a baby and give them a fair shot. You don't even know yet if you'll be able for applied maths.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That is how a language is supposed to be taught. If you don't like it, take it up with the Department inspectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

hasdanta wrote: »
    Stop being a baby and give them a fair shot. You don't even know yet if you'll be able for applied maths.

I don't mean it to come off like I'm whining about it? What I'm saying is, is that I don't particularly LOVE Irish or french as subjects and science/maths would be more my thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

spurious wrote: »
    That is how a language is supposed to be taught. If you don't like it, take it up with the Department inspectors.

Oh I know that's how it's supposed to be taught I just find it too difficult to understand what's going on and I do ask questions after but I don't want to be that person who's always asking questions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you have questions, others do too. Be the person that asks and then understands, not the one sits there silent and falls further behind.

You asking questions helps the teacher know how you are doing, plus it may encourage others to ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement