Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next of kin

Options
  • 02-09-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what next of kin details emergency services like the guards for example have on file for individuals? I don't think I've ever given this info to anyone, but am wondering who would be contacted if for example I was in an accident. Is it automatically my parents, if I'm not married and how would they know? Do they look at your purse to find out?

I'm not very close to my parents and would prefer for my boyfriend to be notified but am unsure who to give that info to.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Gardai won't store that kind of information. Many smart phones have the option to input next of kin or contact in emergencies details and this can be opened without needing the phone pin. Also storing a contact on your phone using ICE (in case of emergency) is something they would look out for if your phone is unlocked. Your GP will take next of kin details. Your local community policing unit should have stickers that you can put up at home where you can put all these details. Your passport also has a space for it I think.

Advertisement