Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xaiomi Mi Max 2 - I'm switching for IOS to Android

Options
  • 02-09-2017 12:43am

I'm looking to buy this phone and I've always been interested in Xaiomi while still buying Apple

It's the black global version 4GB Ram 64GB Storage and the cheapest I found it was on Gearbeast for €202 with a coupon

I'm with meteor so will it work in Ireland?

If anyone has the Mix Max 1 or 2 I'd appreciate your thought and where to go t get a decent case and screen protector thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont expect to be blown away going from a €600 phone to a €200 phone.

These are the 4G LTE bands that supports the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4GB 64GB (GLOBAL):
    1800 1900 2100 2300 2500 2600 800

These are the 4G LTE bands that supports the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4GB 64GB:
    1800 1900 2100 2300 2500 2600

Get the global variant, the chinese one has 50% 4G coverage, basically you'll get 3G in the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

My mum has it and mine is in the post. Fabulous phone, you'd really think it was more expensive using it! Very quick, nice camera, great for Netflix, no coverage issues on Vodafone. I'm switching from iPhone 6s, the mi max 2 is considerably better!

EBay has cases and screen protectors. They haven't arrived yet for us though

My mum has it and mine is in the post. Fabulous phone, you'd really think it was more expensive using it! Very quick, nice camera, great for Netflix, no coverage issues on Vodafone. I'm switching from iPhone 6s, the mi max 2 is considerably better!

I caved and bought one can't wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bertiusMaximus

I'm thinking of purchasing the Mi Max 2, can anyone who has one let me know their thoughts on it?
    i.e. size, camera, screen, miui etc.

• Advertisement

EBay has cases and screen protectors. They haven't arrived yet for us though

Where did you get yours all o can find is expensive ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I don't see band 20 on those, even the global version... 4G is gonna be crap.

I don't see band 20 on those, even the global version... 4G is gonna be crap.

I only get 3G on my iPhone I'm on a under the table meteor deal as my friend words there I get unlimited calls, 15GB of data and unlimited social apps for €10 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm thinking of purchasing the Mi Max 2, can anyone who has one let me know their thoughts on it?
    i.e. size, camera, screen, miui etc.
    I had the original one - first thought was it was absolutely huge. I never really got used to it.

MIUI is a bit mixed, I don't like the stock launcher and you can add a new one but certain small features never worked for me with this. But MIUI does have good features that you'd miss afterwards, and battery management that works well once you tweak certain things.

Build quality was only ok - certainly did not feel like premium phone in hand, too much plastic.

I had the original one - first thought was it was absolutely huge. I never really got used to it.

MIUI is a bit mixed, I don't like the stock launcher and you can add a new one but certain small features never worked for me with this. But MIUI does have good features that you'd miss afterwards, and battery management that works well once you tweak certain things.

Build quality was only ok - certainly did not feel like premium phone in hand, too much plastic.

Mi max 2 is a premium phone though it's not made of plastic like the first one

• Advertisement

Where can I buy extra cables USB type c for my mi max 2

I'm new to USB type c and haven't got a clue it says on eBay which model is the cable for or do all USB type c cable charge all phones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Where can I buy extra cables USB type c for my mi max 2

I'm new to USB type c and haven't got a clue it says on eBay which model is the cable for or do all USB type c cable charge all phones

Buy few of these and you will be able to use your old cables.

Note, they dont work with the fast charges for for everything else they work fine.

I got the cases and protectors on eBay, everywhere else were too pricey!

Advertisement