Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor tyre sizes - bigger sizes

Options
  • 01-09-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

quick question. have a mf 675 with 16.9/34 . look like they could take a 16.9/38 or 18.4/38. il not be doing it until tyres are down a bit more. I believe this makes them bit quicker on the road apparently?, someone else said she wont drive the bigger rim? that id be killing her?
    any of you who are into machines and that any views on this . shes on 10/16s on front

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hi OP, I'm going to move this to the 4x4, tractors and diggers forum so hopefully you'll get some info there?

Buford.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wessel3

hi guys wondering ay views

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Should take 16.9 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Isn't the 34 or 38 dimension not the diameter measurement, like trying to fit 20" tyres on an 18" rim? I think you need to look at the widest 34 tyre you can accommodate. If the tractor is 4WD, it'll become slightly more complicated, as you'll need to ensure the relative diameters of front and rear are correct to avoid issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Isn't the 34 or 38 dimension not the diameter measurement, like trying to fit 20" tyres on an 18" rim? I think you need to look at the widest 34 tyre you can accommodate. If the tractor is 4WD, it'll become slightly more complicated, as you'll need to ensure the relative diameters of front and rear are correct to avoid issues.

34 or 38 would be the rim diameter in inches

• Advertisement
Advertisement