Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco direct not fulfilling order

Options
  • 01-09-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does any know where i'd stand with this...

I purchased a ps4 with 4 games from tesco direct as a present for my son in a few days time, received a confirmation email, money taken etc, a few days later i receive 2 dispatch emails, one for the console and one for 2 games, no mention of the other 2 so i emailed to inquire and was told that 2 games were out of stock and as the offer would end in a few days before stock returns i would not receive them and there would be no difference in the cost but i could return the rest of the order for a refund (i ordered through addresspal so haven't received it yet and can't really return as its a gift and i don't have the money to buy a replacement while waiting for delivery/return and tesco to refund).

Having checked their website i notice that they have other sellers on the site who have both games in stock (at a much higher price though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I know the offer you got, I would say keep what you got because it's great value. I'm not sure if legally there's any ground to be made and if there was as you bought from Tesco Direct (UK) you would have to follow up under UK laws or EU laws not Irish.

Tesco offers are limited to the items they sell themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

i meant to write up on this post yesterday, Tesco have agreed to allow me the games when they are back in stock, they're unsure of when that will be but set up a stock alert on my account and when i'm notified there in stock i have to ring/email to arrange delivery.

@WildCardoW yes i was happy enough with the price anyway, cheaper than buying the console! but if i could get what was ordered even better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

So it's all sorted now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

So it's all sorted now then?

Yes, just have to wait on stock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

becksy79 wrote: »
    Yes, just have to wait on stock :)

Ah good, it's annoying when shops go out of stock but sounds like you got a good deal!
    Hope the birthday goes well :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement