Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth media

Options
  • 31-08-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I'm close to pulling what's left of my hair out. I am trying to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 in my car through bluetooth. I can't get it to work. In bluetooth settings there is a toggle for media audio, but it won't connect. Call audio works fine. I can make and receive calls in my car just fine. I must be missing something stupid as it is the same with my wifes Samsung A5. The media audio toggle won't connect.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You sure it's not a problem on the car end? If media isn't selectable it probably means it's only able for calls. Is it an older style parrot installed by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does your car actually support Bluetooth streaming?

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

sentient_6 wrote:
    You sure it's not a problem on the car end? If media isn't selectable it probably means it's only able for calls. Is it an older style parrot installed by any chance?

Yes I wondered if it might actually be that the car isn't set up for it but I assumed that if calls worked fine then media would too. I'm trying to connect through the entertainment system. It does give me the option for bluetooth media but then won't actually allow me to select it. The manual is as much help as a kick in the ar$e.

I think I may have found my answer on a Seat forum

The Seat bluetooth doesn't seem to work with the A2DP protocol that is needed to stream music via Bluetooth.

colm_mcm wrote:
    Does your car actually support Bluetooth streaming?

colm_mcm wrote:
    What car is it?

It's a 142 Seat Leon ST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

It's a 142 Seat Leon ST

Im really surprised at that. On our 151 golf it can be slow and temperamental where it will initially only connects for calls but if you just wait another minute a pop up on the car will come up to say connected as a media device.

Maybe delete the pairing on both the car and phone and retry. It shouldn't take any input or activation on the phone from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

With Audi the phone auto pairs in handset mode, to use it as a media device you have to go into the cars ICE settings and tell it to use it as a media source too. Its fiddly.

Advertisement