Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Croke Park on Sunday

Options
  • 31-08-2017 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭

Going to the All Ireland on Sunday and just hoping someone could advise me on best thing to do with 2 bikes and gear as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Stay at home!!!!

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Stay at home!!!!

:eek::eek:

Why?
    That bad?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If I had to - somewhere along/near Whitworth Road, or near the GAA Ticket office on Dorset St at the bicycle bars, so you can chain up. Pick a nice lamp post or something else solid to chain up to.

Paulw wrote: »
    If I had to - somewhere along/near Whitworth Road, or near the GAA Ticket office on Dorset St at the bicycle bars, so you can chain up. Pick a nice lamp post or something else solid to chain up to.

Any cop station nearby?
    Would they let me park there?
    What about gear?

It would be a constant worry for me anyway, you have grade A bikes mate gonna attract the scum....might be an idea to use public transport and have a few pints.

• Advertisement

It would be a constant worry for me anyway, you have grade A bikes mate gonna attract the scum....might be an idea to use public transport and have a few pints.

Fúck sake, what happened to the days when I used to go up to McGonagles or the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire and have a good Shît kicking and everyone would go home happy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You could also park up outside the Mater, on the North Circular Road. Plenty of bike parking there, with something to lock the bikes to.

Not sure what you can do about gear though.

If you wanted to park a little further out, and get the bus to town, drop me a PM. You can park up at my place. Only a bus ride from Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why not park at the ncr at Jones road, place is full of guards there be no one taking the bike despite all the nonsense above

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

listermint wrote: »
    Why not park at the ncr at Jones road, place is full of guards there be no one taking the bike despite all the nonsense above

It's people sitting on or doing other damage that you need to worry about. Not stealing, though it can still happen as the Gardai will be concentrating on crowd control not a bike.

So bike thefts in Dublin are not rife???

Nonsense indeed.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

My office is very close by and has an off street, discreet parking spot you are welcome to use. PM if you want details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

Its a bit out of the way but it's secure and you have the luas to connect back into town...

Heuston Station have bike lockers, they also have lockers where you could leave luggage etc. Jump on the luas then to connect back into the city or grab the new link service between heuston and connolly (not sure on the times etc but its the one that uses the phoenix park tunnel) and walk from there..... it's a far fetched plan but it's the safest and most secure option if you want peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There will be huge Garda presence anywhere around Croke park - id actually park as close to the stadium. Head on up and talk to one of them and pop it on the footpath. Some of the roads will be closed off so it wont be in the way of pedestrians.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So bike thefts in Dublin are not rife???

Nonsense indeed.

:rolleyes:

So wait , you took what i said in my post so mean bikes are not stolen in Dublin?

Really?

Get back on the horse, horse.

Ok thanks for the help lads.
    Must still put a plan together so not sure what to do yet.

@listerment, what is the NCR?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

blade1 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the help lads.
    Must still put a plan together so not sure what to do yet.

@listerment, what is the NCR?

NCR - North Circular Road

So wait , you took what i said in my post so mean bikes are not stolen in Dublin?

Really?

Get back on the horse, horse.

No, you took what was posted above your statement and dismissed it as nonsense, which included my statement about bike theft and scumbags and all that goes with it. Your are quite entitled to your opinion but dont dismiss others peoples posts especially when they are factual you just look like an arsehole.

So if I have a horse, horse. Its not as high as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Junction of Drumcondra rd and St Anne's rd, beside independent pizza. Lock it to the metal bike insets, 5 minutes stroll to croker, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Maybe get a day pass for Flyefit Drumcondra, it's ten euro. Leave the bike chained up there and leave your gear in a locker in the changing room?? It's maybe a 10/15 min walk up to Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Always park on south side of river myself and walk 15mins.
    No worry about scumbags hassling me and easy access to port tunnel or south quays. Closer to Croke Park means more postmatch pedestrians to negotiate

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, still haven't decided what to do.
    Probably last minute knowing me.
    Out of curiosity, are car parks a no no?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

If you value your bike you wouldn't take the risk, take the advice here and make other arrangements even if that's using someone's secure location, you could use mine too but Swords is prob a bit far out for you, great for the airport though!

Ok all sorted now.
    My sister and her fella are giving us a spin instead, which means I can have a few pints.
    Thanks for the input lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Ok all sorted now.
    My sister and her fella are giving us a spin instead, which means I can have a few pints.
    Thanks for the input lads!!!

Weather warning issued for heavy rain tonight and tomorrow.

Think you made the right decision to get a lift up instead.:)

Weather warning issued for heavy rain tonight and tomorrow.

Think you made the right decision to get a lift up instead.:)

Mostly motorway too which doesn't really inspire me.
    I'd have to be flat out just to cure the boredom!!!:pac:

Lads, my sister is parking in Clearys car park.
    What the best way to there and more importantly out of there considering there is a match on.
    Will we just go by the train station and river or can come and go from the other side of Clearys?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Lads, my sister is parking in Clearys car park.
    What the best way to there and more importantly out of there considering there is a match on.
    Will we just go by the train station and river or can come and go from the other side of Clearys?

Google maps or Waze has live traffic so will route you the quickest way, be careful to check if it's using the port tunnel if you want to avoid tolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Park your car in the Park n Ride carpark at Whitehall and either walk down to Croker or hop on the 16,1,41 or 13 bus. 5 minute bus ride straight down Drumcondra Road. Hop off at The Big Tree Pub.
    Croker will be down on the left

Park your car in the Park n Ride carpark at Whitehall and either walk down to Croker or hop on the 16,1,41 or 13 bus. 5 minute bus ride straight down Drumcondra Road. Hop off at The Big Tree Pub.
    Croker will be down on the left

On the way home now.
    In and out no problem.
    Pints were shocking but squeezed in 6 before the match.
    My team lost!
    I've a tongue on me now like Gandhi's scandel.
    Could do with a few more pints but up at 5 in the morning.
    :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement