Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy 7 edge annoyances

Options
  • 31-08-2017 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

I have several things that are driving me mad about this phone:
    - every week. fortnight or so, I get a pop up telling me that phone needs to update its software- it says it needs roughly 400- 700mb each time it does this. Why on earth does it need to update so regularly? I never ever had this on any previous galaxy phone ( I have had the 1, the 4 and the 5) Is it necessary?

- On the S5, when a number rang you, there was a small list of the last contact with that number - be it a text, the last time they/you called- it was really handy for numbers not stored in the phone- esp for texts- so you could decide whether or not to answer (petty, I know, but sometimes you might not have time to speak to the electrician, but you have been trying to reach the car salesman for weeks and here he is calling back..finally- for example). Is there a way to do this on the S7- some setting I can use?

- When I make a mistake dialling a number say I want to dial 01 610 1234 but I miss a digit/ wrong digit. On the S5, you could bring that number up to the dialling screen and make amendments. with the S7, I can't do this. Tapping on the number in the list of previously dialled only serves to redial it. I have to remember the number in my head and start over, whereupon if I manage to remember the first few digits, it makes "suggestions" based on its records. any way to bring up "dialling screen" option on the s7?

I'm sure there are more annoyances, but I can't think of them right now.

(There are several un-fixable ones: such as the tiny buttons for tapping when you want to write a message to someone who *shock horror* isn't already in your phone book)

Advertisement