Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quad fires?

Options
  • 31-08-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Any body have trouble with Quad electrical systems leading to Fires Flat Batteries etc.???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

voltage regulators are a common faliure on small engines. It leads to the battery charging at up to 25 volts instead of the regular 12 - 14 volts. This can cause the battery to boil, which may or may need to a fire, but will cause it to loose charge, not hold charge etc...

I have never seen one go on fire because of this but it's not beyond the realm of possibility

Bad regulators play havoc with the other electrical components, perticularly failures of the CDI unit (which creates the spark for the spark plug).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Glanner

There seems to be a lot of dodgy regulators for sale that do not last but for a few months after being fitted.I have had to fit several over the past few years. I notice Suzuki have recalled 2016 750 quads due to Alternator problems. Faulty Alternators can also lead to rectifier problems.
    If the voltage from the Alternator is not regulated correctly the wiring will heat to ignition point- FIRE

Advertisement