Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooded apartment!

Options
  • 31-08-2017 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have an issue with the apartment above me, I'm owner occupied and the apt above is rented through the fingal county council as far as I'm aware. Her bathroom has been flooding out my main bedroom for TWO years. Her landlord keeps sending someone over to try and fix it but believe me if you saw the bathroom you would know that's like sticking a plaster on a broken leg!! To me it's inhabitable..I'm now dealing with damp and flooding damage And can't use half of my apt. The excess on our block policy is 2k. Does anyone know if fingal are supposed to inspect or enforce any level of standards with these apts. Is there anyway to request an inspection etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Start legal proceedings. Via your insurer (not the blocks). Include for all the redecoration charges, taking down walls etc.

Advertisement