Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I live stream a wedding to people who can't make it?

Options
  • 30-08-2017 11:39pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Several family and friends can't make an overseas wedding. I need to find a way of letting them see it. What options do I have?

I was thinking a Skype call maybe, but not sure if I can get everyone on it. Or maybe Facebook live, but I only want 3 or 4 people seeing it, no one else. Need it to work on both phone and PC preferably

What about YouTube? Can I have a private live stream where only the people with the link have it? I'd have to have one person with the phone. Or it possible to have multiple cameras?

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Zascar wrote: »
    Several family and friends can't make an overseas wedding. I need to find a way of letting them see it. What options do I have?

I was thinking a Skype call maybe, but not sure if I can get everyone on it. Or maybe Facebook live, but I only want 3 or 4 people seeing it, no one else. Need it to work on both phone and PC preferably

What about YouTube? Can I have a private live stream where only the people with the link have it? I'd have to have one person with the phone. Or it possible to have multiple cameras?

Any other ideas?

Have a look at zoom, I find the video and audio quality exceptional.

The free version only allows 40 minute conferences but you could subscribe for 1 month for about 13 euro.

You'll also have the option to record if really want to check out your dances moves afterward!

https://zoom.us/pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Check pages like aliez.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I know the church in Nenagh live streams Mass each Sunday (for elderly or infirm people who can't get there); if you are getting married in a church, its possible that they might have a similar set-up already.

Advertisement