Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

50" Display Needs Good Home (Slightly Faulty)

Options
  • 30-08-2017 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I've a 50" Pioneer PDP503MXE Display that was my main display for the last 8 years.

I can no longer use it as it my main display because it develops a green pixel cloud in the top left when it gets hot. If it's kept in a room cooler than 18C(ish) with the cooling fans operating it behaves perfectly. It has the PDA5002 card fitted.

Before I take a trip to my local WEE centre to dispose of it, I'd like to offer it an AV 'head' who may have a good home for it - something like a man shed or a gamer who has been consigned to playing in the cold attic.

It's not HDCP compliant but I do have a HD Fury 1 that I'll include which will allow the display to work with most HDCP devices. It'll display 720p upscaled to 1125. I've been using it with my SKY HD, PlayStation 3 and Apple TV for the last 8 years.

I'm not selling it. It's available for free collection as I think there's still a bit of life left in it. Anyway, I got it for free in 2009.

PM me if you're interested and I'll explain the fault in greater detail so you can decide if you want it.

Google the above to be sure it's for you. Search my posts on this forum from 2009 to see further details of the fault.

I ran this past a mod before posting.

EDIT: PM is preferable as I don't want this to become a 'selling' type thread.

Advertisement