Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Flush - What Now?

Options
  • 30-08-2017 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I had a power Flush done on my heating last week. Sitting room radiator still only heats at the top - cold in the middle and bottom of the radiator. My plumber is on holidays. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Call him when he gets back.

It ain't exactly -20° at the moment. :)

Possibly rad not getting enough flow at the moment, rather than been blocked with sludge.
    Balancing needed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Golfwidow wrote: »
    I had a power Flush done on my heating last week. Sitting room radiator still only heats at the top - cold in the middle and bottom of the radiator. My plumber is on holidays. What should I do?

Did you see what way he did it? Perhaps if you could explain what was done.....

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

If the rest of the job was successful then it's possible that there could either be a kink in a pipe or a small stone etc catching the valve. This has happened 3 times to me and it was solid debris stuck in the valve. These weren't callbacks but things I found after re instating the heating. Your plumber should've told you a rad wasn't heating. All the above is based on a job that was done properly.
    How much was the job?
    How long did it take?
    How many rads?
    What chemical was used?

Advertisement