Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bald tyre help.

Options
  • 30-08-2017 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all.stopped at a check point today by rsa and traffic core.was doing a favour by moving a tractor and dump trailer and the guard noticed a bald tyre on the trailer.he told me he was giving me a fine but said no penalty points.could this be correct as I thought all motoring offences incurred a fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

stevep1018 wrote: »
    Hi all.stopped at a check point today by rsa and traffic core.was doing a favour by moving a tractor and dump trailer and the guard noticed a bald tyre on the trailer.he told me he was giving me a fine but said no penalty points.could this be correct as I thought all motoring offences incurred a fine

A bald tyre on the dump trailer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

Worn badly he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Tyre laws apply to all vehicles and trailers, agri or not. I know a number of people that have been stopped recently on the N7 with bald and or defective tyres on tractor trailers.

They can issue a fine for certian things, not all motoring offences incur points.

Worn badly he said.

I have a dump trailer here and it's almost impossible to keep tyres on it. And I work in an office so it's not on the road all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Cam do you for tyre ifits below 1.6mm on a braked axle.. No brakes no limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

I was only doing a favour by moving the trailer for somebody so I would be disappointed to get a couple of points.thanks for the replys anyway but I guess I have to take my medicine and check before I drive in future.no clean licence for me anymore I guess.😀

What about getting the owner (who you done a favour for) to replace the tyre. Ring the garda station find out when the garda that pulled you is working. Go to the garda station, shoot in tell him just have that trailer outside with the replaced tyre, mention your remorsful it was a genuine mistake and have learned a lesson to check the trailer aswell as the tractor in future..

Cam do you for tyre ifits below 1.6mm on a braked axle.. No brakes no limit.

So if he hadn't the brakes connected on the dump trailer nothing the gardai could do

Wouldnt say on a dump trailer, as rsa have now new requirements on axle weights brakes etc. Was always told the lf there was no braking system there was no minimum thread depth..

• Advertisement

Wouldnt say on a dump trailer, as rsa have now new requirements on axle weights brakes etc. Was always told the lf there was no braking system there was no minimum thread depth..

I find the Ifor Williams plant trailer and dump trailer both hard on tyres. The dragging on the road burns them away

I find the Ifor Williams plant trailer and dump trailer both hard on tyres. The dragging on the road burns them away

Bought a 14x6'6 ifor last year. Wanted one for years and havent put 500kms on it yet... not sure should i just fit the cheap chineese tyres as i posted on the other thread complete with wheel or use a better brand. Will have to buy a spare wheel and tyre and one more as theres one 12" and the rest are 13"

Advertisement