Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L200 (newer model) 6 weeks for a part

Options
  • 30-08-2017 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

I have a 2007 L200 the newer shape.

It bust a pipe that funs from Radiator to Turbo ( dads a mechanic (but isn't at it now) and that's how he explained it to me) Its a 1/4 inch metal pipe and it fractured on the internal of a 90 degree bend.

So that was 3 weeks ago and last week Mitsubishi told us it will be 25/26 September before the new one will be in. Isn't that a bit of a joke that its taking 6/7 weeks for a part.

A lad told dad to get it brazed but he said to me that if it fractured in one spot the likely hood is it will go again and he said im on my own 2 feet then.

His reasoning. over 3 hours to get the pipe out and sure it will take approx. same time to fit the new one and replace everything that was stripped out.

Anyone ever have issues like this from Mitsubishi Ireland before. Local dealer in Mullingar are being great in fairness and supplied dad with the exploded views and between them they matched up the correct part number and by all accounts Mitsubishi Dublin hadn't even the part number on their system

Just frustrating to wait 7 weeks. Jeep is 2007 but only 160km on it . 3rd L200 I have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Get part number and try dealers in NI or UK.... Might be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Must get part number off dad tomorrow and see.

I never thought of that. Fair point

Must get part number off dad tomorrow and see.

I never thought of that. Fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 73,426 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get one off a breaker?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Get one off a breaker?

They will hardly spend that time stripping an engine for a e30 euro part. E50 new

• Advertisement

They will hardly spend that time stripping an engine for a e30 euro part. E50 new

Well local dealer called dad on Friday that the part had arrived. He was at a wedding so got it Monday and got my l200 back today.

Local dealer was excellent in mullingar. Missed not having a jeep for close on 5 weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

6 hours to remove a pipe and replace it yea were convinced. You would have the engine out in an hour and that would allow a cup of tea after a half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Karangue wrote: »
    6 hours to remove a pipe and replace it yea were convinced. You would have the engine out in an hour and that would allow a cup of tea after a half hour.

You sound like the guys n most of the scrap yards now.. can have it out in half an hour.. chopss every wire in sight and cuts every hose.

Trying to source an engine complete with loom is impossible

Advertisement