Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to advertise blog

Options
  • 30-08-2017 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to start a blog on facebook. It's the easiest to track and post imo.

The thing is, I want to do it anonymously as I'm too embarrassed for people to know I'm doing one.

It's a weight loss blog, male.

I have a page set up but I haven't posted anything yet, despite being about 20kg into my weightloss. I have pictures etc so I can still post them.

Just wondering how do I get people interested in it. I'd lose interest pretty quickly if I was posting for weeks and no one saw it or liked it etc.

Also is Instagram essential now to grow a following?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Hi - I wouldn't know how you'd go about the anonymous part considering the subject matter and also a lot of the ways people get followings is through friends reading first and sharing out. One thing that stands out a bit to me is saying that you'd lose interest in it if no-one was following. I follow a fair few bloggers and a lot of them have said that when they started out they didn't care if no-one was reading/watching as they were doing it because it was something they really wanted to do. It can take years to build a follower base.

I think having a Facebook page for a blog is really important but most I've seen just link to posts on somewhere like Blogger or Wordpress as people might not read long posts on Facebook but it's a good way of reaching people. I don't think Instagram is essential to grow a following at the beginning as there's lots of people who follow blogs who aren't on Instagram.

Advertisement