Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gagaxy S7 or S8

Options
  • 30-08-2017 1:25pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Stupid question alert!

I am looking to get a new android phone, sim free, had decided on a galaxy s7 as that's about what I can afford (just over €500 sim free from phone shops) but I have seen the S8 for sale on the likes of adverts, (http://touch.adverts.ie/samsung/brand-new-samsung-galaxy-s8-unlocked-shop-collection/13683026) for a great looking price. Are these legitimate sellers? It seems quite a bit cheaper than the phone shops, I'm suspicious as to why! Would they be the real thing? Or stolen maybe? Or am I being either too naive/suspicious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Personally, I don't like buying electronics second hand. Especially expensive items such as a high end smartphone. But with that said. The next person who responds here may tell you the exact opposite. I own the s7, have owned it since November. I love it. The display and the camera are the key things for me. Personally, I don't think the s8 is worth the extra 200-300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Personally, I don't like buying electronics second hand. Especially expensive items such as a high end smartphone. But with that said. The next person who responds here may tell you the exact opposite. I own the s7, have owned it since November. I love it. The display and the camera are the key things for me. Personally, I don't think the s8 is worth the extra 200-300.

Is that the S7 or S7 edge?
    I'm in two minds with the edge aspect.
    It looks fantastic, yet many people seem to dislike actually using it. Also the edge version seems more susceptible to breakage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Personally speaking, I would never buy a second hand phone. I wish they did a flat S8 because I hate curved displays :(

I have a S6 but the S7 isn't much of an improvement on that one so Lord knows what phone I can upgrade to! :(:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Thanks for the advice.

Ah in the link it says it's brand new and unused? But it can't be for that money I guess. Maybe it's dodge city.
    Komplett have the S8 new for €699, that's the next cheapest and out of budget.

The S7 it is so it's looking like! I feel a lot more secure buying it new from a 'proper' shop than spending a lot of money on something that isn't properly guaranteed.

I'm also not gone on the edge thing either, the S7 might be better in this regard.

Ultimately I haven't a clue about these things! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

There is a seller on adverts selling new sealed s8's unlocked for €569 He has excellent feedback and a shop in town.Electronics exchange or something like that.The phones have the full samsung 24 month warranty he says.

I think I saw him mentioned on a thread here last week.

The s8 is a big leap from the s7 much nicer infinity display.

• Advertisement

Actually that adverts seller in the link has the s8 new sealed unlocked for €569 too.483 positive feedback and a shop in Parnell st.

magentis wrote: »
    Actually that adverts seller in the link has the s8 new sealed unlocked for €569 too.483 positive feedback and a shop in Parnell st.

I think that's the one in my link, that's the one that got me wondering!

Has anyone ever bought off them? I wonder if they're legit/ok. I has the fear.

The one in your link is the s8+ for €629,he also has the standard s8 in his ads for €569.

I wouldn't have a problem buying from him with that much positive feedback,an actual physical shop in town and the phone being sealed in the box with samsung warranty.

Yep you're right, I had a few windows open!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

biebiebie wrote: »

Is that the S7 or S7 edge?
    I'm in two minds with the edge aspect.
    It looks fantastic, yet many people seem to dislike actually using it. Also the edge version seems more susceptible to breakage?
    I have the s7. That was the exact reason I went for the regular s7 over the s7 edge. I would love the bigger display. I tend to take good care of my things but still have dropped my phone a few times. Once, after a drop I even thought to myself: If I bought the s7 edge, my screen would be shattered right now.

Go for the s7 over the edge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement