Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone work as a scrum master? whats it like?

Options
  • 30-08-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Looking to potentially transition over to a scrum master role, have just started the CSM 1 course by self study. I am currently working as an info sec manager and have roughly 8 years in i.t. How hard would it be to make the move over considering i have not held this role/title before? Will the cert help get an interview? I do have some PM experience and stakeholder mgmt experience so that may lend itself well...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

zweton wrote: »
    Looking to potentially transition over to a scrum master role, have just started the CSM 1 course by self study. I am currently working as an info sec manager and have roughly 8 years in i.t. How hard would it be to make the move over considering i have not held this role/title before? Will the cert help get an interview? I do have some PM experience and stakeholder mgmt experience so that may lend itself well...

The good full time scrum masters I've worked with mainly deal with the org dysfunctionalties so the devs don't have to waste their time on say getting Legal to approve the use of some open source library. It definitely requires people and org skills in way development does not.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

is it hard to make a lateral move to a scrum master role?

Have no exposure to agile at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

zweton wrote: »
    is it hard to make a lateral move to a scrum master role?

Have no exposure to agile at the moment.

It might be a good idea to go for certified scrum master training, think it brings you up to speed on the agile methodology as well as the roles of product owner and scrum master.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

yeah thats what i intend doing, but doing it through the books and then booking the CSM 1 exam as opposed to paying 1-2k for the course. I have done some research and folk are saying its pretty easy to just diy plus i would save a bit of money. Are you working in that area yourself?

Advertisement