Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

craft gardener job interview with dublin city council

• 29-08-2017 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All, I have a interview for a Craft gardener position on Friday with Dublin city council, just wondering has anybody else been to the same interview and if so what sort of questions did they ask and if anybody has any pointers for the interview with Dublin city council.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LouiseS1989

toyota07 wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a interview for a Craft gardener position on Friday with Dublin city council, just wondering has anybody else been to the same interview and if so what sort of questions did they ask and if anybody has any pointers for the interview with Dublin city council.

Many Thanks

Hi,
    Just wondering if you ever heard back from fingal co council?
    Thanks
    Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 13 toyota07

No Louise never heard anything back from them, must be going on 7 weeks now, Got a letter of Dublin city council to attend for a interview which was out of the blue

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LouiseS1989

toyota07 wrote: »
    No Louise never heard anything back from them, must be going on 7 weeks now, Got a letter of Dublin city council to attend for a interview which was out of the blue

Yeah same 7 weeks, if you do hear from them can u let me know and I will do the same. oh really that's great maybe it had something to do with fingal? I'm sorry i don't have any tips but best of luck on friday.

I will indeed and many thank

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bkj82

I got called for an interview for the craft gardener job as well. My one is on Friday 15th. Not sure what to expect either. I don't even know what Parks are recruiting.

The last interview I did they asked questions like: tell me about yourself, what would you do during your first month in the job, what would you do if someone on the team wasn't working hard enough. They usually ask something about health and safety so mention about always having the correct ppe for doing the job.

Good luck with it.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what parks either, so its just like a general interview really doesn't sound too bad, I wonder how many positions are available..... If I find anything out I will let you know

bkj82 Was the last interview you had with them, was it for a craft gardener position as well ? How did you answer what would u do in the first month in the job ?

It was a job with the national parks in Killarney. I was tempted to move but in the end I decided to stay in Dublin. I just waffled on about spending the first month learning about the park and the range of plants and developing a positive working relationship with the other staff.

Fingers crossed it goes well for us!

Yes best of luck to u2 and here's hoping the interviews go well

Hi there, Just to let you know my interview with Dublin city council for the craft gardener position went pretty well I think just the waiting game now, How did u get on ?

• Advertisement

Glad your interview went well. I was pretty happy with my one too and the panel made me feel at ease. I always find it hard to tell though so fingers crossed!

I've seen that Dun Laoghaire Rathdown CC are also recruiting gardeners (and a Parks Superintendent) if you're interested. The closing date is 9th October.

All going well we will hear back good news, not sure of how many they are hiring but lets hope this is the start of the embargo being lifted, Those other jobs are a bit far away for me but thank you for letting me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Just noticed this. Do the councils advertise jobs - I thought as they are civil service jobs they would have been on publicjobs.ie?

They don't always seem to appear on publicjobs so I usually check localjobs.ie and the various council and OPW site.

I got a letter on Friday to say that I was on the panel so you should hear from them soon. I've no idea how many jobs there are either or how long it will take to get an offer.

But it's a good sign to see hiring again and the embargo does seem to have been lifted.

Advertisement