Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi, System or Regular Boiler?

Options
  • 29-08-2017 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I've had a combi boiler in my last two homes, and loved them, but wonder if they are suitable for larger homes.
    I'm at the plumbing stage in my new place and a bit confused by the different types. Four occupants, two showers (not electric) and a bath. There's plenty of space for hot and cold water tanks, so I'm wondering would I be better off with a regular boiler, and put some pumps in the attic to drive the showers. Mains pressure is also very good.
    Thanks in advance for any advice, as my brain is getting fried :)

Comments

I'd fit a unvented cylinder best of both worlds stored hot water at combi like water flow at the taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Toolguy

Thanks Gary,

Unvented sounds good, as I have the pressure. I'm not going to have an electric showers, but was going to fit a pump above each shower. Hmm, you've given me a bit to think about there.

Toolguy wrote: »
    Thanks Gary,

Unvented sounds good, as I have the pressure. I'm not going to have an electric showers, but was going to fit a pump above each shower. Hmm, you've given me a bit to think about there.

It's what the Queen uses, so you may as well bath like a old Queen, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Bollox

In a nice sense of humor of cource:)

I have always recommended a bog standard back up electrc shower in an ensuite.

If I jump out of an airplane it's nice to have a backup parachute.

You can boil a kettle to wash, but you need a shower to be refreshed.
    I have come across annoyed people before, they woud have appreciated a simple shower.

Tom44 wrote: »
    Bollox

In a nice sense of humor of cource:)

I have always recommended a bog standard back up electrc shower in an ensuite.

If I jump out of an airplane it's nice to have a backup parachute.

You can boil a kettle to wash, but you need a shower to be refreshed.
    I have come across annoyed people before, they woud have appreciated a simple shower.

Errr.... the hot water performance from a unvented (up to 3 1/2bar) gives a good shower experience and it comes with a immersion as a back up.

Electric showers should always be fitted with combi install as a given but my dear potty mouth friend why would "you" wish to fit one with a unvented cylinder?

• Advertisement
Advertisement