Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of good deals on trailer tyre/wheel sets?

Options
  • 29-08-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I'm looking got a set of 4 x 195/60R12 tyres on 5 stud rims (6.5" PCD) to go on my old Ifor Williams DP120 trailer.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced source for this sort of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Where are you based? Byrne trailers in Bunclody sell good second hand sets for these. I got some 13's for my indespension for €50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm on the other side of Carlow from Bunclody, so that's well within reach.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

Just back in my yard from Byrne Trailers of Bunclody, loaded up with all the parts needed to bring my 30 year old trailer into the 21st century.
    Incredible stock of trailer parts, very nice people to deal with, highly recommended!
    Link: http://www.byrnetrailers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Melodeon wrote: »
    Just back in my yard from Byrne Trailers of Bunclody, loaded up with all the parts needed to bring my 30 year old trailer into the 21st century.
    Incredible stock of trailer parts, very nice people to deal with, highly recommended!

How much was the card hit for 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

How much was the card hit for 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

How much were the complete wheels (rims and tyres). Afair its cheaper to buy complete wheel rather than tyre.

How much was the card hit for ��
    I dropped a grand in total! :eek:
    How much were the complete wheels (rims and tyres). Afair its cheaper to buy complete wheel rather than tyre.
    They didn't have a full set of used 195/60R12 on 6.5" PCD wheels, so I bought 4 new ones at €100 apiece.
    €50 for a used one as a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

I bought 4 new ones at €100 apiece.

Brand new Maxmiler tyres in your size and spec are only about €65 each and maybe a tenner to fit

Testacalda wrote: »
    Brand new Maxmiler tyres in your size and spec are only about €65 each and maybe a tenner to fit
    The €100 each was for the complete wheel: rim with the tyre fitted.

The €100 each was for the complete wheel: rim with the tyre fitted.

well if you needed the rims that mightened be too bad. Could you not have used your old rims, would save €100 or so

• Advertisement

Testacalda wrote: »
    well if you needed the rims that mightened be too bad. Could you not have used your old rims, would save €100 or so

I figured the old rims had reached retirement age:

426712.jpg

426713.jpg

:D

Jees, they are bad!

Advertisement