Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sheppards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It's not the tech so much as the threat of being branded terrorists and being fired upon. Heard an interview yesterday morning (in NZ) with Captain what's his name. Noted that the tech means the can't sneak up as effectively but even if they can catch them to harass them the Japanese military will start firing on them in future as terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I remember seeing TV documentary series about this as filmed on board Sea Sheperd's vessels.

Whilst appreciating their principled concerns about the core issue I thought, objectively, that they went well beyond the boundaries of what would be allowable or safe at sea on a number of levels.

In a way I am glad that they have chosen to desist because, quite frankly, they were getting more audacious and it looked like a matter of time before someone was killed or seriously injured.

There are many ways to campaign. They seem well resourced and well intentioned and might follow a different route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

It's all about money. They had to settle with the Japanese for 2.5million. If you record and publish the evidence yourself then you better think you will win in court. Watson is doing well for himself and has too much to lose. He is 66 on his fourth wife who is 30 years younger than him and had a baby last year. He will have to find someone with less resources to chase him in court to make his next show.

Advertisement