Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Security Death Index Query

Options
  • 29-08-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've traced a relative using the SSDI and found that she died in 1964. The SSDI only indicates that she was in Massachusetts...is there any way to see a more detailed address, e.g. Medford, or a street, etc. I didn't find her on the social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

hjr wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've traced a relative using the SSDI and found that she died in 1964. The SSDI only indicates that she was in Massachusetts...is there any way to see a more detailed address, e.g. Medford, or a street, etc. I didn't find her on the social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007..

Any ideas?

Other possibilities are searching Findagrave.com for a headstone; obituaries in the newspapers; city directories....

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

No joy on Findagrave.com....any ideas for best newspaper sites to trace deaths in 1964? I have an Ancestry subscription but nothing jumps out....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

newspapers.com - owned by Ancestry but I think requires a separate subscription.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Many old stateside city directories and phone book excerpts are being indexed on ancestry, I noticed.

Advertisement