Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clomid tabs

Options
  • 28-08-2017 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey everyone
    Im on day 18 after using 50mg clomid tabs. Took clomid day 3 until 8. Today I've being getting strong cramps centre of my stomach but has settled down a lot this evening. Pain has now started a little in my back.
    Anyone ever experience anything like this or know what it could be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Are you being monitored on your clomid cycle? There are lots on things it could be some innocent and some not so good. If you are worried you should talk to your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

bee06 wrote: »
    Are you being monitored on your clomid cycle? There are lots on things it could be some innocent and some not so good. If you are worried you should talk to your doctor.
    Hi,
    Nope I'm not being monitored. They have stopped for now but if AF arrives I'm due to start onto a new pack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Ok, the most serious thing it could be is ovarian hyperstimultion syndrome (not saying it is) and if the pain continues you should really see your doctor especially if this is your first month on Clomid. Everyone reacts to it differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I had overstimulation with an injection cycle and it can be really dangerous. I ended up on blood thining injections for a few weeks after. Best to get it checked to be safe. Although chances of that happening on a small dose of Clomid would be slim I would think. Would it not be easier (more expensive I know) to get your cycle tracked while taking it? At least then you know how you are reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Elaine22 wrote: »
    Hey everyone
    Im on day 18 after using 50mg clomid tabs. Took clomid day 3 until 8. Today I've being getting strong cramps centre of my stomach but has settled down a lot this evening. Pain has now started a little in my back.
    Anyone ever experience anything like this or know what it could be.

I haven't taken clomid before so can't share any experience there however do you ovulate on your own usually? I get quite strong monthly ovulation pain, it sounds similar to what you describe but settles quite quickly, its a very handy tool to have if I'm honest as I know when I'm ovulating! If the clomid induced ovulation maybe that's what you're feeling?

The pp are correct in that you should get it checked to be safe!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ovulation can be a bit more intense on Clomid. Some twinges took my breath away. Clomid ramps up hormones so any hormonal feelings in your cycle or your mood that's normally affected will be amplified.

Generally Clomid on the public system is not monitored which I found odd as with the private fertility clinic they do scans.

OHSS is rare, but can be dangerous so it's worth making a phone call to the doctor to check your pains are normal ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

Neyite wrote: »
    Ovulation can be a bit more intense on Clomid. Some twinges took my breath away. Clomid ramps up hormones so any hormonal feelings in your cycle or your mood that's normally affected will be amplified.

Generally Clomid on the public system is not monitored which I found odd as with the private fertility clinic they do scans.

OHSS is rare, but can be dangerous so it's worth making a phone call to the doctor to check your pains are normal ones.

Hey everyone, so sorry for the late replies. Im currently on day 31 as we speak right now. Cramps have more or less gone. On day 20 - 23 i had a brown discharge, gone now. Still waiting on Af to arrive and nothing.
    Done a 1st response pg test on day 26 and showed a negative result, i would of thought something would of showed up on it being an early pg test.
    Boobs are extremely swollen so i really don't know what is going on.
    I've being on clomid before i found out i had blocked tubes and thankfully i found an amazing doctor who unblocked them for me and i became preg which ended up as a miscarriage for me in feb. I never went over the 28 days the last time i took the clomid so starting to worry now as to where they are if im not preg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rachel2017

Started clomid 50 day 5-9. Have been feeling twinges for last two days . Went to a private clinic today for ultrasound -seperate to fertility clinic and was told I had one dominant follicle -18 x 21 at day 10 but only had 3mm lining

This is my 3rd private ultrasound and each time my lining is thin . The thickest it has been is 5mm . It looks like I will ovulate early this cycle .

Had a chemical in October and doc thinks I have luteral phase deficit . I keep asking about lining and he is ignoring me ! Has anyone had their lining checked?

Rachael my lining was always thin as well, my fertility doctor prescribed high dose Vit E which worked for me. You can buy them over the counter but cheaper if on prescription and you can also claim 20% back on Med1.

Oh great - when did you take them during the cycle ? . Do you know the dose and I will see if they are over the counter where I live . I got a positive opk on day 11 and checked again yesterday 14 and still positive and twinging all night ! So don't know what's happening . Getting estrogen and progesterone rested day 21so fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Rachel2017 wrote: »
    Oh great - when did you take them during the cycle ? . Do you know the dose and I will see if they are over the counter where I live . I got a positive opk on day 11 and checked again yesterday 14 and still positive and twinging all night ! So don't know what's happening . Getting estrogen and progesterone rested day 21so fingers crossed

Im not sure, I didnt need it on my last cycle in March as my meds were changed and I reacted better, it was nearly 2 years since I was on it. Check with your doc, they should be able to advise.

Great will do

Advertisement