Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Brain

Options
  • 28-08-2017 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace a Minix Neo X8-H which won't power up no matter what I try. One minute it was working fine, next it is dead as a DoDo :mad:

Where my TV is located I can only serve it with Wifi which is why I went with the Minix box as it has the best WiFi antenna that I could see on a box. I have 100mb UPC cable to the house + a high end Asus router so I got very decent and consistent WiFi speeds on the X8, plenty to stream Netflix and Kodi content etc.

I was researching a replacement for the X8 and came across the X Brain which is about to be launched by an Irish company called http://xunison.com/about-usXunison who I haven't heard about previously. I thought I had heard of them but I think I'm confusing them with an old Kodi Repo called Xunity.

They list some Media box products on their website but you can't purchase directly from them and the products look (to me anyway) like they are rebadged from other manufacturers.

The X Brain on the other hand looks like it is their own product and might be an interesting box to get as in addition to being a media box it is also a smart home hub which allows you to control CCTV, light switches etc.

Has anyone heard of or dealt with Xunison? Has there been any beta testing of the X Brain? I can't find any pre production reviews online. Is it pure vapour ware?

I'd like to replace my dead X8 soon and would take a punt on the X brain assuming it's not crazy money (I fancy toying around with some smart home tech) but I don't want to wait around for a product which may never get launched or which will be a bit of a tech orphan when it is!!

Any thoughts/info/feedback from the Android guru's here much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nicole93

I heard for them, friend of mine is engineer there, he gift me their s912 for bday (as i am im love with tv boxes - i have 10 at home) and i have to be honest, after testing and comparing, their s912 is  better optimized than 99% boxes i've even used.
    I heard for X-Brain as well, amazing All in One solution (smart home hub, live tv, movies and tv shows, BUILT IN ROUTER - amazing... that will replace a good bit of my devices at home) also i think their X-Brain will have 4G sim slot :D which is incredible.... in talk with him, he said it will be released by the end of year, and honestly i cant wait to get that monster!
    If you need any other information ask, maybe i can find out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi Nicole93,

Thanks for responding. Sounds positive ref the X Brain.

I eventually stuck an old Chromecast stick into the TV and am running what I need off my phone to that. It's a temporary solution but works so not in a mad rush to buy a new box. I was thinking of waiting till the end of the year to see what new boxes came out for Xmas anyway so I'll keep an eye out for the x brain as it does look like the Swiss Army Knife of Android boxes. Any idea what the likely price is going to be? Is it going to be up there at Nvidia Shield territory?

Please post any more updates you get from your friend, I'd be interested to know when it is going to launch etc.

Advertisement