Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza - Bring your own ingredients B.Y.O.I

Options
  • 28-08-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

There is a small independent pizza place near me that does veg but not vegan pizza.
    Do you think they would mind if we brought our own ingredients (cheese) and asked them to use it instead?
    Is this a silly idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Loon E. Tick

Feckofff wrote: »
    There is a small independent pizza place near me that does veg but not vegan pizza.
    Do you think they would mind if we brought our own ingredients (cheese) and asked them to use it instead?
    Is this a silly idea?
    While one would think it wouldn't be a problem, they might say no in the interests of food safety. If any food hasn't been purchased by them and stored on their premises they have no idea if the product itself or the packaging has been in contact with anything which might cross contaminate other food or work surfaces. Although if it's an employee you ask rather than a manager they might not think about that and just do it for you automatically.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've done it places before and it was fine, and the pizza was so much better. Ask and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Feckofff

I've done it places before and it was fine, and the pizza was so much better. Ask and see!

Great! I will ask, and report back if successful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

I did this while on holidays near Barcelona recently, Wheaty Organic GRAN CHORIZO and Wilmersburger PIZZA SHREDS with jalapenos. Delish! Chef was very curious and my spanish is basic at best.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great choices, those chorizo and pizza shreds are my favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Where do you get the shreds - I'm looking for some descent vegan cheese for pizza as have tried violife, tofutti mozzarella style and some other shredded one that I got in Tesco but can't remember the name of it, but they weren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Where do you get the shreds - I'm looking for some descent vegan cheese for pizza as have tried violife, tofutti mozzarella style and some other shredded one that I got in Tesco but can't remember the name of it, but they weren't great.

https://www.veggie-shop24.com/search#/qs/Wilmersburger%20PIZZA%20SHREDS%20Big%20Pack%2C%201000g

That is a Kilo bag so you would be a while getting through it.

I should also say that same brand do slices too and the kids love them, I think they are probably the best I've had anyway. If using on a pizza I find the trick is to put the cheese on the tomato sauce then the toppings and extra over the toppings if you are that way inclined. You'll get a much better melt also a scorching hot oven!

Advertisement