Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek TOS

Options
  • 28-08-2017 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Have recently been watching a lot of this series again. Its repeating on the horror channel for some reason. The Revamped series.

I watched a lot of this in the 1970s and then only occasionally since so its great to see it continuously of late.

Its great to see the Old crew in their Prime. I dont think the chemistry between Spock,Kirk and Mccoy was ever replicated again in subsequent series.

The series had its limits. Special effects were in their infancy and you had villain of the week with no real attempt at continuity. But pretty much all Tv was like that up to the 1990s. The other characters should have got their own episodes but that again was typical of its time.
    Kirk was a classic hero with movie star looks and while his womanizing is much criticized in this neo feminist age - I thought it added to his character rather than took away. It made him more humane in my view.

It was better than the sex starved captains we got from TNG onward. Though I know sisko eventually got the leg over in a long term way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Have recently been watching a lot of this series again. Its repeating on the horror channel for some reason. The Revamped series.

I watched a lot of this in the 1970s and then only occasionally since so its great to see it continuously of late.

Its great to see the Old crew in their Prime. I dont think the chemistry between Spock,Kirk and Mccoy was ever replicated again in subsequent series.

The series had its limits. Special effects were in their infancy and you had villain of the week with no real attempt at continuity. But pretty much all Tv was like that up to the 1990s. The other characters should have got their own episodes but that again was typical of its time.
    Kirk was a classic hero with movie star looks and while his womanizing is much criticized in this neo feminist age - I thought it added to his character rather than took away. It made him more humane in my view.

It was better than the sex starved captains we got from TNG onward. Though I know sisko eventually got the leg over in a long term way

Is there no love for the father of the franchise? ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Yes.

Yes there is. :D

Advertisement