Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garages in Co. Galway for second hand starter car?

Options
  • 28-08-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey Folks,

Looking to pick up a 1 to 1.2ltr second hand car.

As insurance cartels/companies premiums are high I'm on a low budget for the actual car

up to 2 grand really, and has to be 2007 +

I've been looking on donedeal but id like to look at some garages too as less likely to be a dodgy sale ...perhaps. (i know most sales on donedeal are grand of course just like options)

Any in the Galway area that do lower end cars but have a good reputation ?

Many Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

For less than 2 grand you really are better off on done deal and get a mechanic of friend who knows a lot about cars to check it over for you.

If you check in the motors buying forum there is a bangernomics thread dedicated to cheap cars. Lots of knowledgeable people post in their. Stick up your needs and some one will probably do all the done deal searching for you

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to motors Buying section.

For below 2 grand I'd suggest looking through the Bangernomics thread and also the Boards' users sales thread

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don't bother buying off a garage at that price level.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You will get little in the way of any value or cover from buying cars of that low value from dealers. Buying from a private owner is the way to go but make sure you have a mechanic check the car over before buying as buying in this price range is a minefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Something like a Peugeot 107/Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo should be easily got within budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

bazz26 wrote:
    You will get little in the way of any value or cover from buying cars of that low value from dealers. Buying from a private owner is the way to go but make sure you have a mechanic check the car over before buying as buying in this price range is a minefield.

Please take care and heed this advice.

Advertisement