Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Teak and Mahagoni furniture

Options
  • 28-08-2017 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I am planning to start up a furniture business in Dublin.
    I intent to sell only quality premium interior and outdoor furniture product s made of solid Teak (not irocco) and Mahagoni (not sapele) and few quality hardwood.No veneer will be used in our products
    Price will range from 200 euros to 6000 euros
    As I am planning to sell only quality products I can give a structural gaurantee for 20 years.

After the market study in Ireland I understood that even though the furniture designs looks beautiful there is rarley solid quality hardwood furniture made of teak and Mahagoni in the furniture stores and is very expensive .most of the other furnitures are either made of venner or made of low quality oak .

Can someone please tell me if the furniture buyers are just looking for cheap good looking design s and not quality ?
    As it is a big investment any positive and negative suggestion will be highly appreciated
    Thank you and regards
    Abbin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I think the answer to your question lies in the price tags. Most people work to a budget and solid wood pieces tend to be in the upper part of the price scale. Also, tastes in furniture differ and solid wood pieces tend to be antique or more decorative so your market could be smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Abbin Simon

An oak dining set cost around 500 to 1500 euros .I could give the same made of solid Mahagoni for the same rate with a 20 years gaurantee.
    The furniture stores in Ireland have made a view that solid wood cost more and Which is not true..is there any possibility that I can be a furniture supplier to furniture stores ?
    Thank you for your valuable reply

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Abbin Simon

Yes all our products are fsc certified and has label on it

Advertisement