Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cream leather couch?

Options
  • 27-08-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have one? Are they a nightmare to keep clean?

There's no kids or pets in my house and we've never made a mess of anything but I'm nervous that cream would end up taking a battering from the dye in people's jeans or other things I haven't been able to contemplate. Does anyone have an experience, what do they look like in 2 or 3 years and what do you clean it with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

we have a 3 piece suite with about 12 years. not a bother with it. We also have 2 dogs, a now teenager, and a MIL.
    Wash it with warm water and shampoo, sometimes use special leather wash stuff bought in furniture shop. One chair is used
    regularly for homework, so I use solution to remove biro marks. On the whole, I would buy again.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

we have a 3 piece suite with about 12 years. not a bother with it. We also have 2 dogs, a now teenager, and a MIL.
    Wash it with warm water and shampoo, sometimes use special leather wash stuff bought in furniture shop. One chair is used
    regularly for homework, so I use solution to remove biro marks. On the whole, I would buy again.
    Best of luck.

Thanks a million for replying, that's made me feel more confident about it. It would be so nice to have a bright sofa as my room is a little on the darker side. I want something a bit cheery! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

They are pretty durable.

Had one 2ith a malamute and a husky and me not being the cleanest coming in from garage, Still looks good.

Get a good leather care and use it once every 6 months to keep it at its best but not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    They are pretty durable.

Had one 2ith a malamute and a husky and me not being the cleanest coming in from garage, Still looks good.

Get a good leather care and use it once every 6 months to keep it at its best but not essential.

That's great to hear, thank you! Feel much more confident about it now :)

Advertisement