Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year subjects

Options
  • 27-08-2017 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, can anyone tell me what is involved in extra subjects in 5/6th year such as careers & guidance, religion etc? I have to take these in 5th year and i'm just interested as to what is actually taught, i hope i won't be bored out of my mind...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭L360

Hi, can anyone tell me what is involved in extra subjects in 5/6th year such as careers & guidance, religion etc? I have to take these in 5th year and i'm just interested as to what is actually taught, i hope i won't be bored out of my mind...

Hey im going into 6th year career guidance for me was just a class where you discussed different colleges,courses and careers. It is a class to help you decided what you want to do after school basically. Religion should be a bit more relaxed for the next two years as you're not following a syllabus like the jc as there are no exams (unless you are taking it as a exam subject!). Thats my experience anyways :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sometimes schools bring in guest speakers for careers classes. If done properly, they can be the most useful classes you will have over the next couple of years.

Advertisement